Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - Independence Day Edition: Adam Link

Tombstone for Adam Link
Union Cemetery, Bucyrus, Ohio
This week, our nation celebrates Independence Day, and so I thought it only fitting that this week's edition of Tombstone Tuesday should feature my Revolutionary War Patriot ancestor, Adam Link.  My 4th great grandfather, Adam Link is buried in Union Cemetery near Bucyrus in Crawford County, Ohio.  I went looking for Adam's resting place a little over a decade ago, expecting it to be somewhat difficult to find.  What I found instead was a well marked grave that is quite obviously tended to with all of the respect and honor that is befitting of someone who risked their life to help win this country's independence.


ADAM LINK: b. 14 Nov 1761 in Hagerstown, MD
                        d. 15 Aug 1864 in Crawford Co., OH





D.A.R. Plaque marking Adam Link's grave
 I won't retell Adam's story here, but for more information on Adam, please see my previous posts here, here and here.  My lineage back to Adam was highlighted in this post when I finally completed my Sons of the American Revolution application.







Union Cemetery is also marked as "Revolutionary
War Cemetery"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...