Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday's Obituary - Newton H Link

This week's Sunday Obituary is for my great great grandfather, Newton Link.

Obituary of Newton Link
22 Mar 1967
Upper Sandusky Daily Chief Union
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Newton's obituary was a virtual gold mine of information for me.  Some key pieces of information that I got from his obituary that I did not have previously were that all of his siblings had preceded him in death (I was still missing a few death dates), his occupation information (I had known he was superintendent of the county home, but did not know of his other jobs), his church affiliation, and the maiden name of his second wife, Ella.  I particularly found it interesting that Newton was the last of his family because he was actually the first born in his family, and was apparently the only member of the family that wasn't one of the "Wandering Link's."

I have to say that for me, this was probably one of the first obituaries I found that actually gave me new information on someone and didn't just corroborate the information I already had on an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...