Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - Donald and Mary (Hablawetz) Washler

This week's Tombstone Tuesday post is of my father's parents, Donald and Mary (Hablawetz) Washler.  I have only very very vague memories of my grandfather and unfortunately no memories of my grandmother since both died when I was still relatively young.  It wasn't until I started doing my genealogy research that I knew that my grandfather actually died on my 4th birthday.

My grandparents are buried in Riverview Cemetery in Newville, Indiana.  This is the same cemetery where both of their parents, many of their siblings and many of the family ancestors are buried.
Donald and Mary (Hablawetz) Washler
Riverview Cemetery, Newville, DeKalb County, IN

Donald Adelbert WASHLER:  b. 10 June 1898 in Concord Twp, DeKalb County, IN
                                               d. 11 December 1975 in Auburn, IN
                                                m. 28 March 1929 in United Brethren Church of Newville, IN

Mary Louise HABLAWETZ:   b. 07 August 1907 in Wilmington Twp., DeKalb County, IN
                                               d. 25 August 1973 in Auburn, IN

2 comments:

  1. Your post came up in a Google search for details about DeKalb County cemeteries, and I am enjoying your other posts, now, too. I hope you will stop in and see us at the Willennar Genealogy Center (Eckhart Public Library) in Auburn next time you visit DeKalb County! ~ Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzanne! I appreciate your kind comments. I will definitely stop in next time I make it back up home and have time to do some research. I think I've only had time to stop in once in recent years, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...